Friday, 11 October 2013

royal miniature society exhibition

My paintings in the RMS Exhibition 0ct 15th - 27th in London
Next Tuesday October 15th the Royal Miniature Society Annual Exhibition opens to the public at the Mall Galleries in London. As always, this is an amazing show and the most prestigious event in the miniature art year. If you are in London it is a fantastic opportunity to see up close some of the finest contemporary miniature art in the world. Admission is free and the vast majority of work is for sale, with a diverse range of subjects including portraits, wildlife, landscapes, still life and more - all painted and sculpted in miniature. The exhibition runs until October 27th and is on at the same time as the Royal Society of Marine Artists show in the adjoining gallery.


Above is a small detail from a recent illustration piece (which I'll show in full later in the year) for which living next to a beach was very handy. This section features a rather surprised model who had been happily minding his own business under a rock until I came along (don't worry, I put him back!). I've also been collecting leaves for the one I'm currently working on and photographing them before they dry out as well so I can paint them in various stages. Love the colours of autumn. All of which has made me think I would really like to paint a series of leaf studies. At some point. There is also a new book project in the pipeline which I am hoping to make a start on. At some point. But for now back to the leaves!


For more information about the exhibition - The Royal Miniature Society and The Mall Galleries

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Congratulations Tracy - these pieces look amazing! I recently painted a leaf, and it put me in the mood to do several more. Your photos will make terrific art I am sure.
Good luck in the show!
Best wishes too you!

Sheila
sheiladelgado.com

http://www.sheiladelgado.com/2013/09/leslie-saetas-september-2013-30-paintings-in-30-days-day-30/

Tracy Hall said...

Thank you Sheila, and nice to hear from you! Your leaves are lovely I hope you get to do some more soon!

Tracy Hall said...

There is a super review of the exhibition by Katherine Tyrrell here:
http://makingamark.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/review-2103-annual-exhibition-royal-miniature-society.html

mina koylara said...

ενδιαφέρον το άρθρο σας και η φωτογραφίες είναι τέλειες ευχαριστώ.νεα απο χαλκιδα

 
Blog Directory - Blogged