Sunday, 2 December 2012

waxwing miniature painting

Waxwing © Tracy Hall 2012
1" x 1.5" watercolour
In Orkney we were recently treated to a spectacular invasion of Waxwings and this painting is of one on the rosa regosa in the garden. I have another miniature started of a group of them on the same bush but goodness knows when I will get it finished! Continuing on from the Squirrel miniature from my last post, this one was painted to fit one of the tiny frames I picked up in Wells earlier this year and will shortly be on it's way with the others to Elford Fine Art in Tavistock (where the Christmas show has just begun!). Here he is in his frame -


I also recently completed a special commission for a Silver Wedding Anniversary, depicting the couple's favourite birds in their garden -

Godfinches © Tracy Hall
10" x 7" watercolour
Apart from the current show at the Elford Gallery in Devon, I also have paintings in the 79th Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Exhibition at the Strathmore Mansion, North Bethesda, MD, USA which runs until December 29th and the upcoming Miniature Art Society of Florida Exhibition which runs from Jan 20th - Feb 10th 2013. The Llewellyn Alexander Gallery in London also have an Autumn Collection of over 300 miniatures in the run up to Christmas. Closer to home, I have a couple of miniature paintings in the Pier Arts Centre Christmas show here in Orkney which opened yesterday and runs until Dec 24th. I hope you are able to get along to one of these shows - alternatively remember you can always contact me to ask about buying a painting and if it isn't here I'll put you in touch with the gallery who have it.

And finally below some little snippets from some recent illustration work - I'll show all the paintings in their entirety when they are released next year. 
Extracts from recent illustrations © Tracy Hall 2012

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Tracy,
Sooo lovely!! Thank you for sharing them all.
Best wishes for your Christmas, Sadami

Egretta Wells blog said...

Beautiful work! Love that Waxwing!

Sharon Whitley said...

I've also been inspired to paint a couple of waxwings recently after getting an influx of them in North Wales - nowhere near as good as yours but I enjoyed painting them. Love your goldfinches too, one of my favourite garden birds!

Tracy Hall said...

Hi Sadami, thank you and Happy Holidays to you too! Thank you Egretta, I'm pleased you like him :)
Hi Sharon, aren't they amazing birds? Quite a sight and so pleased you got to see them too. Hope the paintings go well - just visited your blog and you got some smashing photos (much better than mine!).

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Tracy, It's been awhile since I've been able to pop in to see what you've been up to. As always, I am so inspired by your work! The Waxwing is amazing, and love the squirrel too! The frames look great showcasing your miniatures. Have a great holiday. Best to you in the upcoming shows!

 
Blog Directory - Blogged